Where did 2019 go?

As its pretty much a year to the day that I made my last post, I thought I should sign on briefly to let you all know that I am still around, it's just been an incredibly busy year, largely taken up by maternity leave, then catching up with research and teaching after returning to work. I have so many new things to share, I have to just hope I find a bit of time to spend on the blog. I can't remember if I mentioned earlier that I was also promoted to senior lecturer last year, not long before going on maternity leave. Turns out getting promoted means a lot more responsibility (along with a pay increase, yey! And increased student loan contributions, boo!), and I am currently partially in charge of two rather large external review processes for the archaeology subject area at Newcastle, as well as overseeing an expansion of our lab facilities, trying to start a small business through the university, and starting soon, a co-I on two major new research projects that will include 3 new members joining the lab team. But I miss blogging, and writing silly archaeology poems. I'll try my best to get back into a regular writing habit...

Comments